Finance Your Attached Or Detached Accessory Dwelling Unit ( ADU )
Written By Janet Thome
Craft3- a regional nonprofit CDFI that makes loans to strengthen the economic, ecological and family resilience in Oregon and Washington. They lend to established nonprofits and growing and start-up businesses – including those that don’t qualify for traditional loans.
Craft3 Helps Families Of All Income Levels
Craft3 helps families of all income levels finance energy upgrades, build accessory dwelling units, and replace failing septic systems and aging manufactured homes. From regional offices in Port Angeles, Seattle, Spokane and Walla Walla, Wash., and Astoria, Bend, Klamath Falls and Portland, Ore., Craft3 has invested more than $534 million in Northwest communities.
ADU Loan Features
- Borrow up to $150,000 for design, permitting and construction
- Fixed interest rates
- Reduced rates available for income-qualified applicants
- Convenient repayment directly from your bank account
- Residential properties in Portland, Oregon
- Owner-occupied, single family residence And in the coming months, we hope to expand our ADU Loan beyond Portland. So if you’re living elsewhere in Oregon or in Washington state – we’d still love to grab your info. We’ll keep you in the loop about our activities and use your interest to inform where and when we expand next. Use the same ‘I Want Financing’ button.
How It Works
- Develop a project with your builder
- Discuss your project with Craft3; get started using the ‘I Want Financing‘ button above
- Complete a loan application
- Submit your documents
- Receive a decision and finalize the design of your project
- Sign your loan documents
- Build your ADU
- Repay through your bank account
Dweller, An ADU Builder And Craft3 Have A Business Relationship Located in S.E. Portland
Dweller builds and installs accessory dwelling units (ADUs) in a low cost, efficient manner to allow as many homeowners as possible to benefit from this source of extra income and desperately needed housing
Dweller specializes in producing ADUs in an affordable, efficient manner to allow as many homeowners as possible to benefit from this source of extra income and housing. Our model is unique because we build all of our ADUs offsite which saves substantial time and money compared to ADUs built onsite. And instead of requiring the homeowner to manage a lengthy design, permitting and construction process, Dweller handles the entire process at a fixed, affordable cost to the homeowner.
Dweller ADU is a self-contained living space with the look and feel of a house brought down to small scale. Each Dweller ADU is approximately 450 sq ft. and has a living space, a kitchen with full size appliances, a bathroom and a bedroom. High quality materials with full sized windows and doors are used during the construction of each unit. For the exterior, landscaping to provide privacy between the primary unit and the Dweller ADU is employed.
Two Choices With Dweller
A homeowner can buy directly from Dweller or enter into a ground lease with Dweller.
Open House Dweller: October 2nd And October 5th
Dweller is hosting two open houses the first week of October: 10/2 from 5:30-7:30pm in SE Portland and 10/5 from 1-3pm in SW Portland. Sign up at dweller.com/contact to receive invite with address.