Tiny Home Industry Association- Online Relaunch
The Tiny Home Industry Association ( THIA ) has been working behind the scenes and is establishing a new board of directors. Stay tuned for some very exciting familiar faces that will be added to the board in the coming weeks!
We are in the process of relaunching our online presence. It will be a work in progress.
Who We Are and Why We Formed:
We are a unique collaboration of home builders, community developers, certification agencies, tiny home enthusiasts, and sustainable energy professionals who believe that a new “Housing Renaissance” is on the horizon that emphasizes debt-free living and energy sustainability for all.
What We Do For Our Members:
THIA addresses the contradictory world of construction standards, real estate zoning, and municipal ordinances that make up the myriad of rules and regulations that have made owning and living in a Tiny Home… well… complicated!
THIA aims to sort-out and streamline regulatory roadblocks and out-dated community building rules to:
· Create sustainable “Adaptable Community Codes” for the creation of innovative Tiny Home Communities.
· Develop “Sustainable Building Standards” that can unify and codify the quality of Tiny Homes built across a wide base of builders to meet health, safety, and energy efficiency standards.
At this time, all levels of membership will be free as we are reforming our board members, efforts and direction.
THIA And ATHA
The Tiny Home Industry Association ( THIA) and the American Tiny House Association ( ATHA) are associates and have agreed to have different focuses to move the legalization of tiny homes forward. The Tiny Home Industry Association will focus on standards development and one of the prime objectives is to become an ANSI Standards Developer for the tiny home industry.
THIA aims to protect the safety of tiny home enthusiasts and industry professionals by recommending and setting standards for the quality of construction of tiny housing structures on foundation and on wheels, including interior, framing, exterior, utilities, and attachment to trailers.
ATHA will focus on the promotion of local building and zoning regulation that allow tiny homes as a valid form of residential housing.
- To gather and provide information regarding the building of, and dwelling in, tiny houses
- To promote a healthy social and political environment conducive to tiny house building and dwelling
- To educate members regarding tiny house quality & safety.
- To network and cooperate with related government agencies, educational institutions, development organizations, and private industry to address these stated purposes.
- ATHA volunteers across the country are helping craft the tiny friendly ordinances that your community needs too.
Thank You ATHA
We cannot thank ATHA enough for their years of service and progress that they have accomplished for the tiny home industry.
Together We Are The Movement: The More We Organize, The Stronger We Become